Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Homemade Fish In Puff Pastry (Recipe)

It was raining the other day and we decided to have dinner at home. I wasn't sure what to cook until I realised that I still had some dory fish left in the freezer. I decided to make fish in puff pastry instead since we had plenty of ready made pastry. This was the first time I was trying out this recipe and I was hoping everything turned out well. You bet.....it was fingers crossed all the way!


Here's what I did. After cleaning the fish, I seasoned it with black pepper, salt and marinated it with ginger, garlic and thyme. I left it for about 1 hour to soak up the flavours.







Once the dory fish has been fully marinated, I sauteed it in butter for about 3-4 minutes. At this point, a mouth-watering aroma teased my nose and I knew I was on the right track. The fish was placed on top of the pastry which was thawed earlier and covered with parmesan cheese.








I just couldn't get my pastry right. It looked awkward and resembled something you would see from a sci-fi movie. That night I dreamt that my stomach had been ripped apart by aliens coming out of it. Hmmm...I wonder why?







Ridley would have been proud of me...no aliens here! Only fish and pastry....







The pastry is finally coated with egg yolk and left in the oven at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes. Finally, here are the fruits of my labour.















Although this is the first time I tried this recipe, it exceeded my expectations. It's simple enough and anyone would be able to do it. Best of luck!

No comments: