Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Auntie Anne's Pretzels

Incidentally while I was at Queens Bay Mall last Friday, Auntie Anne's was having a Free Pretzel Day promotion from 11am to 2pm. This is in conjunction to Auntie Anne's 20th World Anniversary and 12th year presence in Malaysia. The freebies consisted of pretzels rolled by hand and baked to golden brown. The choice was either Original or Cinnamon Sugar. While the pretzels were tempting, I decided I couldn't stay any longer as the queue was building up.


Alas, I couldn't resist the salty, savory, sweet and tangy Auntie Anne's pretzels anymore and while I was in Gurney Plaza the following day, I did the obvious.

Almond coated pretzels.




Pretzel stix coated with Cinnamon sugar.





While I was chomping down my pretzels, I learnt a thing or two about them. Do you know that the origins of pretzels can be traced back to Southern Germany in particularly Bavaria? So, note this. Germany isn't only about sausages, beers, football and ohm-pa-pa girls but also pretzels too. Guten tag.


No comments: