- 130ml corn oil
- 190g castor sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 21og plain flour
- 1 1/4 tbp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tbp salt
- 200g grated carrots
- 1 green apple grated
- 50g sultanas (optional)
- 35g walnuts, toasted and chopped coarsely (optional)
To bake, please find the instructions below:
- Position rack in centre of the oven and preheat to 190 C. Grease the standard muffin baking tray.
- Combine sugar, corn oil and eggs in large mixing bowl. Stir in sifted flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix well to combine with a spoon. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well to blend.
- Divide batter onto the muffin baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes. Turn muffins onto rack to cool. Serve warm.
I wasn't sure if this endeavour would work so I decided to scale back on baking on a large scale. The batter would just enough for 7 muffins. I also reduce the amount of sugar as I don't like anything too sweet.
Try this recipe. It's simple and taste simply wonderful.